The almost teen female. They aren't quite "kids" anymore, but at the same time they are not teens. Why push teen, with all its connotations, at them? I'm in favor of "growing old gracefully" at every age. So I wanted to share some of the things that I have found on Etsy for my female, artist, reader, actor, almost teen.
- This journal from UberArt is beautiful, my child's favorite colors and full of sketch paper. She will love to draw in this and it will be a lovely keepsake when full of art. Many styles of journals here... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5428768
- I am all over gentle beauty products that are not make-up, for this age. The yummy lip balm is available in many intoxicating flavors from dennisanderson. There are also some delish body products to make bathing OFTEN more desirable. (Vital at this age, trust me!) Wonderful body products here... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5124873
- This year the princess has become even more firmly entrenched in Nightmare Before Christmas. The Jack style bracelet by adcdmc is right up her alley. Many of her cohorts at school are going to be green with envy! To see what other treasures are available... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5699479
- Speaking of princess, how could you not get someone who is "Morgan Le Fey" for Halloween a lovely art print from EmilyBalivet. It almost seems like this artist and my child are one in the same, they are both so inspired by mythology and the ancients. The art is stunning, take a peek... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=30030
- The pillowcase covered with books is mandatory for my reader! She has a window seat full of pillows where she likes to read that this will definitely be gracing. Maybe you would prefer a book bag? They have both here... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5157917
- For some reason my child has a strange fascination with tree rats. Her mother obviously does not share that love, but bonspielcreation seems to. This small squirrel purse is fabulous and my daughter is going to use this beauty forever! The quality is topnotch. Pop in to see all the styles of bags, with and without tree rats... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=11169
- rhymeswithmagic makes the perfect gift for the book eating female on your list, jewelry that refers to books! My child does not read books, she goes through them so fast we say that she eats them. Could have something to do with the fact that in 5th grade her reading skills were that of a senior graduating from high school, but I digress. Great pendants and earrings saying all sorts of fun things are to be found here... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5329778