Monday, October 20, 2008

Definitely Fall






Fall has always been my favorite time of year. I love the crispy bite of the air. Just cold enough to make you tingle, but not chill entirely. It even feels good to breathe it deeply. The colors are intense and vivid, nothing soft. The sky seems a richer blue for some reason. It is sweater weather, or football weather, both of which I am heartily in favor of. Fall has special noises and smells which are also so very intense. Burning leaves! Not a smell allowed in many communities anymore. So much better to compost them, but the smell just isn't the same. Dry leaves themselves have a special, inexplicable scent. Why do we have floral perfumes, but not dry maple leaves?! It could be marketed in football pro shops throughout the US, to high school football cheerleaders, football moms. I see a niche! I'll leave you with some of my favorite fall photos that I took last year. Enjoy your area's version of fall!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love fall too! It is just now getting a little chilly down South. I haven't had to get the extra blankets out.